January 8, 2020

Four Generations of Audio Book Enthusiasts! Could it be Genetic?

Filed under: Uncategorized — susanbright @ 11:44 am

I am hooked on audio books, a condition I have been dealing with for quite a few years now. It turns out that I am not the only one in my family to have this audio book bug. My 92 year old mother, 36 year old daughter and 3 1/2 year old grand daughter are all afflicted with this strange condition. I can’t help but wonder. Is this is a hereditary trait? Does it only run in women?

I never leave my house without having a book downloaded on my phone. It is second nature. Get in the car. Buckle up. Start the engine and push play. A drive without an audio book is torture. My “happy place” is sitting in my favorite chair, beading board on my lap working on my latest jewelry project with an audio book playing in the background.  Emptying the dishwasher or doing laundry doesn’t seem like much of a chore when you are in the middle of a good book and what could be better than cooking while being entertained with a riveting story..

My daughter can often be spotted on the metro, buds in ears listening to an audio book, and my mother in her apartment with an audio book blasting from her dvd player. None of this surprises me, but when I discovered that my not quite four year old grand daughter is also hooked on audio books, I couldn’t help but wonder. Does this audio book bug run in families? Could it be Genetic?

Anyone else out there with this affliction? Where is your favorite place to listen to an audio book? What books have you been listening to?

1. Very clever. I listen to audio books all of the time. I am currently listening to The Silent Patient. Highly recommend it.

Comment by Jess — January 8, 2020 @ 12:17 pm | Reply

• Hi Jess, I really enjoyed The Silent Patient! Love a good mystery.

Comment by susanbright — January 8, 2020 @ 3:52 pm | Reply

2. I love it!!!

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020, 11:45 AM Friday Morning Bookclub wrote:

> susanbright posted: “I am hooked on audio books, a condition I have been > dealing with for quite a few years now. It turns out that I am not the only > one in my family to have this audio book bug. My 92 year old mother, 36 > year old daughter and 3 1/2 year old grand daughter are” >

Comment by healthyterps — January 8, 2020 @ 12:18 pm | Reply

3. Welxome back. I am on the road a lot for work. I am listening to The Institute. I am a Stephen King fan.

Comment by Aubrey — January 8, 2020 @ 12:41 pm | Reply

• Thanks Aubrey. I have not read anything by Stephen King in a long time. I loved 11/22/63!

Comment by susanbright — January 8, 2020 @ 3:51 pm | Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )