December 26, 2017

Happy Holidays From The Friday Morning Bookclub!

Filed under: Uncategorized — susanbright @ 8:30 am

As you may have noticed, it has been a LONG time since I have posted anything on this blog. That does not mean that I have not been reading! There is always time to read, however writing about it is a whole other story. I am not going to make a New Years resolution to start posting again because I am afraid that is one resolution I will not be able to keep!

The Friday Morning Bookclub is still alive and like everything else in life is evolving and growing! We have lost several members due to life changes and moves, but have gained others. We are still meeting one Friday morning a month and still trying to share the love of reading.

This year we wrapped and delivered a book to every first grader in a local elementary school. The children loved their books and we hope they will each take their book home, read it, and  discuss it with their friends and family.  Perhaps one day they too will join a book club!

Emily

Emily 2

1. Well done, members of the Friday Morning Book Club. I love your selections, reviews, and that you inspire kids to love reading.

Comment by Gail — December 26, 2017 @ 2:51 pm | Reply

2. That is a wonderful thing to do. I miss reading your posts. Happy New Years

Comment by Amy G. — December 27, 2017 @ 12:36 pm | Reply

• Thank you Amy. I am going to attempt to post from time to time!

Comment by susanbright — December 28, 2017 @ 8:08 am | Reply

3. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Comment by Resa — December 27, 2017 @ 4:49 pm | Reply

• Happy holidays to you Resa. Are you still making your beautiful gowns?

Comment by susanbright — December 28, 2017 @ 8:04 am | Reply

4. Welcome back. What are you reading this month?

Comment by Brenda — December 29, 2017 @ 8:01 am | Reply

• Hi Brenda. That is an excellent question. I guess it is time for me to update our upcoming books! We are reading The Hillbilly Elegy by J.D.Vance.

Comment by susanbright — December 29, 2017 @ 8:06 am | Reply