September 27, 2013

Look What I Received In The Mail!

Filed under: Book Festivals,Book Recomendations — susanbright @ 8:38 pm

2013-09-27 20.09.52Yes! A box of books. I am the winner of the Reading Group Choices Gaithersburg Book Festival random drawing. So many wonderful authors and titles! Some I have heard of, others are totally new to me. There is a little of everything in this box and I can’t wait to get started!

The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls – absolutely loved The Glass Castle!

Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter- this has been on my to read list..no excuse now!

The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin- also on my to read list!

Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver- loved her earlier books!

One Glorious Ambition by Jane Kirkpatrick- historical fiction based on Dorothea Dix and her crusade on behalf of the mentally ill.

Counter Clockwise by Lauren Kessler- My Year of Hypnosis, Hormones, Dark Chocolate and Other Adventures In the World of Anti-Aging!

The Cottage at Glass Beach by Heather Barbieri

Next to Love by Ellen Feldman

Those We Love Most by Lee Woodruff

The Lola Quartet by Emily St. John Mandel

Love Slave by Jennifer Spiegel

The Lighthouse Road by Peter Geye

Thank you Reading Group Choices and the Gaithersburg Book Festival. i can’t wait to read and share these wonderful books with The Friday Morning Bookclub!

1. How exciting!!! If this doesn’t spark your interest in reading again, nothing will!! Audrey

Comment by audrey pelta — September 27, 2013 @ 8:45 pm | Reply

• I was thinking the same thing! Just getting ready to climb in bed and read this month’s book,The Interestings. Next on my list..one of the books I just received!

Comment by susanbright — September 27, 2013 @ 8:55 pm | Reply

2. AWESOME. ENJOY!

Comment by EVA — September 27, 2013 @ 8:57 pm | Reply

3. Wow…this is so exciting.

You certainly received a TON of great books. My favorite is THE ORCHARDIST. The only other one I have read is FLIGHT BEHAVIOR.

ENJOY and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That had to be such a great surprise.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Blog

Comment by Elizabeth — September 27, 2013 @ 9:26 pm | Reply

4. Our book club read Flight Behavior and gave it good reviews! Congrats and enjoy!

Comment by Janet S — September 27, 2013 @ 9:29 pm | Reply

5. How exciting. I read Beautiful Ruins. I would highly reccomend it. Cathy

Comment by Cathy Junkin — September 28, 2013 @ 4:46 am | Reply

6. How fun! There are several on my to-read list. Can’t wait to hear your reviews!

Comment by moondance38 — September 28, 2013 @ 8:30 am | Reply

7. WOW — I remember when we visited the table and signed up for the drawing … just too funny how the FMB always wins …

Comment by annwalter — September 28, 2013 @ 9:56 am | Reply

8. Congratulations, Susan! You won some great books. I’m currently reading THE ORCHARDIST.

Comment by Mary Ellen — September 28, 2013 @ 10:20 am | Reply

9. It really is exciting.winning all of these books! Today I went to the Baltimore Book Festival and Reading Group Choices was sponsoring the same give away. One of the people working the booth was the one who mailed out the boxes. Who knows….maybe I will win again. She assured me that if I won I would receive different books! For those in the Baltimore Area, the festival is worth checking out tomorrow. Sunday’s hours are 12-7.

Comment by Susanbright — September 28, 2013 @ 9:50 pm | Reply

10. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Comment by Resa McConaghy — September 29, 2013 @ 3:56 pm | Reply

11. Lucky you! Must have been so exciting to open up that box!

Comment by booksoutsidethebox — September 30, 2013 @ 12:54 pm | Reply