June 23, 2013

The Friday Morning Bookclub Gives Me Before You 4.7 Omelets

Filed under: Me Before You,Polls,Rate The Book — susanbright @ 7:37 pm
Tags: , , ,

Me befor you

Amazon readers gave Me Before You 4.7 stars

Goodreads readers gave Me Before You 4.35 star

Thought provoking, emotional, touching, sad, sensitive, must read, are a few of the words our readers have used to describe Me Before You.

When I first read that Me Before You was about a man involved in an accident, who becomes a quadriplegic I was not at all sure that I even wanted to read it.  After all I knew that even the happiest ending could not really be a happy one. Me Before You ended up being one of the best books I have read in a long time. Yes, it is sad, however it is a beautiful story and at times I could not help but to smile.  It may not have gotten 5 omelets, but it came closer to 5 than any other book we have read in the last few years. You do not want to miss out on this book!

1. Just finished reading it – crying through the last five pages. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment by Mary Ellen — June 24, 2013 @ 3:01 pm | Reply

• Hi Mary Ellen! I shed a few tears myself! Have you read anything really good lately? What is your book club reading?

Comment by susanbright — June 24, 2013 @ 3:55 pm | Reply

• One of our recent favorite books is THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS by M. L. Stedman (set in Australia around 1920).

Comment by Mary Ellen — June 25, 2013 @ 2:39 pm | Reply

• The Light Between Oceans is next on my list. Everyone seems to love it! Keep in touch!

Comment by susanbright — June 26, 2013 @ 3:59 pm | Reply

2. I’d love to read this one!

Comment by Melinda — July 31, 2013 @ 6:03 am | Reply

• Welcome Melinda! You will not be disappointed. Me Before You is a wonderful book!

Comment by susanbright — July 31, 2013 @ 9:53 am | Reply