February 28, 2013

Trivia 101

Filed under: Trivia — susanbright @ 9:31 am
Tags:

help

This page turner which the Friday Morning Bookclub read brings back to life  many of our favorite characters from The Great Gatsby. Can you name the book?

Thank you Esther! Tom and Daisy Buchanan as well as Jay Gatsby himself come alive in The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian. This page turner will keep you on your toes and what an ending! Bohjalian is also the author of Midwives.

All comments and answers are both welcomed and appreciated!

1. Argh! I should know this. Where is you complete book list?

Comment by Resa McConaghy — February 28, 2013 @ 4:14 pm | Reply

• Hi Resa! Check the right hand bar…under pages.Another hint..it was a strange book and the main character grew up in the same town as Jay Gatsby.

Comment by susanbright — February 28, 2013 @ 5:34 pm | Reply

2. I had to look back at our list, but I’m thinking it’s The American Heiress?

Comment by Jean — February 28, 2013 @ 5:39 pm | Reply

• Hi Jean! Definitely not the answer I am looking for! Another try?

Comment by susanbright — February 28, 2013 @ 5:45 pm | Reply

3. I was thinking one of the new books about Zelda but neither one was on your list so I’m totally stumped.

Comment by BermudaOnion — February 28, 2013 @ 8:56 pm | Reply

• One more clue…. This book could be described as a psychological thriller!

Comment by susanbright — March 1, 2013 @ 8:58 am | Reply

4. OK, the only psychological thriller that I can think of on our Book List is Gone Girl, but I can’t remember the connection to Gatsby. If that’s the right answer I will need to go back to the book and check it out. Is that the right answer? This was a tough Trivia question but a good one!

Comment by Jean — March 1, 2013 @ 9:14 am | Reply

• Good try but……not the answer. Search back further in your memory!

Comment by susanbright — March 1, 2013 @ 9:21 am | Reply

5. The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalion. I remember thinking that it was a weird story.

Comment by Esther — March 1, 2013 @ 10:07 am | Reply

6. Good job , Esther! that was a tough one!

Comment by Jean — March 3, 2013 @ 3:43 pm | Reply