January 21, 2013

The Friday Morning Bookclub Gives Once We Were Brothers 3.9 Omelets

Filed under: Once We Were Brothers,Polls,Rate The Book — susanbright @ 9:50 am
Tags: , ,

brothers

Amazon readers gave Once We Were Brothers 4.6 stars

Goodreads readers gave Once We Were Brothers 4.4 stars

Once We Were Bothers was an excellent book club selection. Most agreed that while perhaps not an eloquently written book, it was a fascinating story and a real page turn. As one of our readers described it….Once We Were Brothers is suspenseful, emotional and informative. Well worth the read!

1. A compelling story. I could not put it down.

Comment by Dee — January 22, 2013 @ 10:54 am | Reply

2. Hi Dee, I could not agree more…..faults and all I Loved this book.

Comment by Susanbright — January 22, 2013 @ 10:56 am | Reply

3. I like your input before I add books to my list. Thanks!

Comment by dorothyadele — February 18, 2013 @ 12:30 pm | Reply

• Hi Dorothyadele, I am so glad that you blog with us. Does your dog read? I would love to post a picture of him (or her) reading under four legged reader!

Comment by susanbright — February 18, 2013 @ 12:35 pm | Reply

4. I will try to snap a photo for you

Comment by dorothyadele — February 18, 2013 @ 10:08 pm | Reply

5. Hi..I would like to know why Otto also had a numbers tatoo?

Comment by Hilda Gordon — December 20, 2013 @ 11:34 am | Reply

• Welcome Hilda! I read this one a while back…did Otto have numbers tattooed on his arm…I will have to check this one out! Anyone know anything about this?

Comment by susanbright — December 21, 2013 @ 8:26 pm | Reply

• Thanks, Susan, I really appreciate your effort. I know this is not a new book but I just wondered.

Comment by hildag3 — December 21, 2013 @ 9:50 pm | Reply

• I remember something about the numbers on his arm being incorrect, so they knew it was a fake. I am going to skim the book and get back to you on this!

Comment by susanbright — December 21, 2013 @ 10:07 pm | Reply

• Hi Hilda! I found it. Page 352.”Rosenzweig was never at Auschwitz. His tattoo’s a fake.” Ben’s friend Mort goes on to explain that he had worked in the tattoo line and that starting at the end of 1943, the SS preceded each prisoners number with a letter. The first 20,000 men’s numbers started with an A. Then they switched to a B. Rosenzweigs’s number started with an A. It was a fake.

Comment by susanbright — December 22, 2013 @ 11:35 am | Reply

• Hi Susan…you went to a lot of work for me…but thanks so much. I really do appreciate. Can you tell me what the next book you’re reviewing. How long has your bookclub been in existence? How many members you have? I’m really interested.

Comment by Hilda Gordon — December 22, 2013 @ 1:26 pm | Reply

• Hi again…it’s your new virtual book club member from Florida. I read everything I asked you on your website. You gals look like a very interesting group of ladies.

Thanks so much for letting me join.

hilda

Comment by Hilda Gordon — December 22, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

• By the way, what is an omelet?????

Comment by hildag3 — December 22, 2013 @ 2:01 pm | Reply

6. Good question! We meet for breakfast so we rate our books in omelets as opposed to stars!

5 Omelets: Incredible, delicious omelet. (One of the best books I have ever read. A must read!)

4 Omelets: Really good omelet. (Very good book. I would definitely recommend it.)

3 Omelets: Decent omelet. (Good book. I am glad that I read it.)

2 Omelets: Would not order this omelet again. (Disappointing book)

1 Omelet: I should have sent this omelet back. (Warning: Do not bother reading this book!)

Comment by susanbright — December 22, 2013 @ 10:01 pm | Reply