December 9, 2012

Quote Of The Week

Filed under: Quote Of The Week — susanbright @ 4:34 pm
Tags:

“I cannot remember the books I’ve read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”

— Ralph Waldo Emerson- 1803-1882

ralph

Ralph Waldo Emerson – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good to know …..Even Ralph Waldo Emerson cannot remember the books he read. At least we are in good company!

1. And that is why they invented Goodreads.

Comment by Gabi Coatsworth — December 9, 2012 @ 5:51 pm | Reply

2. Here is our list we read this year. Can’t say I have a favorite . I think it was one of our weaker selection years. We have been together since 2003.Unbroken, Remains of the Day,Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand,Little Bee, Those Who saved Us, The Night Circus, A Thousand Acres, Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt, Brooklyn, The Art of Racing in the Rain, I Cannot Tell a Lie, Exactly.
    Also, is it easy to download from the library to your Kindle? I have been buying my books from Amazon. Cathy

Comment by Cathy Junkin — December 9, 2012 @ 7:16 pm | Reply

• Cathy, I buy some of my books from Amazon and some I download from the library depending on availability as well as if I want to share it with my daughter and my mother who are on my Amazon account. It is VERY easy to download a book from the library although there is sometimes a waiting list and not all books are available. Just go on the library web site and click on Download Now. Follow the instructions. You have two weeks to read the book and then POOF…it disappears. Just like magic! Let me know if you need any help!

Comment by susanbright — December 9, 2012 @ 10:14 pm | Reply

3. Excellent quote! I really love the quote of the week thing!

Comment by Resa McConaghy — December 10, 2012 @ 11:02 am | Reply

4. Susan, in your comments you mention downloading from the library. Is this your local library? Thanks, and glad you visited me today! ~ Lynda

Comment by pixilated2 — December 13, 2012 @ 12:33 pm | Reply

• Hi Lynda! I go to the Baltimore County Public Library sight and click on the link which takes me to the Maryland Digital E Library Consortium by Overdrive. Plug in my library card number and download a book. Very easy to do. I assume most library systems have the same deal, although I do not know for sure. I enjoyed visiting your blog. Come back soon!

Comment by Susanbright — December 13, 2012 @ 6:27 pm | Reply