December 1, 2012

He’s Back……..And He Has A New Invention!

Filed under: Ed's Original Creations — susanbright @ 5:09 pm
Tags:

Check out Ed’s newest creation!

1. Very funny. I cannot tell you how many times I started reading a book only to realize I had already read it. The cover didn’t help me a bit.

Comment by Cindy — December 2, 2012 @ 7:45 pm | Reply

• Welcome Cindy! Happens to the best of us. Thanks for visiting!

Comment by susanbright — December 2, 2012 @ 7:48 pm | Reply

2. It’s when you start doing that with movies that you have to worry.

Comment by Edward Steiner — December 3, 2012 @ 9:13 am | Reply

3. Funny – but there’s a serious point underlying it. And even though I have a Kindle with lots of books (read ) on it, I still like to read a paper novel, for all sorts of reasons, including the cover…

Comment by Gabi Coatsworth — December 3, 2012 @ 5:02 pm | Reply

• Hi Gabi! Although I love my kindle there is still nothing like a book. I am embarrassed to tell you that it is not unusual for someone to ask me what I am reading or what I just finished and I cannot remember the title. Thank you Ed! I guess I should be worried…….sometimes I can’t remember the name if a movie I recently watched either.

Comment by susanbright — December 3, 2012 @ 9:00 pm | Reply

4. LOL. I can NEVER remember the title or authors name. I am really worried.

Comment by Jess — December 3, 2012 @ 9:03 pm | Reply

5. I just found 2 copies of the same paperback book that I picked up to read and I’m living on a boat! SInce I’ve been using a Kindle I probably have less than 10 paper books in my reading stash. I don’t know how I managed to do that but seeing a hard copy doesn’t appear to help my memory!

Comment by moondance38 — December 4, 2012 @ 2:40 pm | Reply

• Hi Moondance/Harriet! Speaking of memory……it sounds like you liked Still Alice as much as I did. I think it was a wonderful book and I can imagine how difficult it was to read after loosing your mother Alice so recently. That is beautiful about the butterflies. Now, when I see a butterfly I will think of you and your mother. Thanks for sharing.
      BTW, that is very cool living on a boat! I know little about boats. is it docked or do you move around.

Comment by Susanbright — December 4, 2012 @ 4:14 pm | Reply

• We’re currently in Savannah and ultimately heading to the Bahamas. We left Annapolis mid-October and had a few setbacks (hurricane Sandy for one!) This is our 4th trip south. BTW,I learned about your blog from Esther. We went to school together! Check out my blog: http://moondance38.wordpress.com

Comment by moondance38 — December 4, 2012 @ 4:29 pm | Reply

6. well…I am glad to be in good company – Ed hit the nail on the head with me and not remembering titles or authors. Maybe not so much with the solution, although a very funny one!

Comment by annwalter — December 5, 2012 @ 12:34 pm | Reply

• After all of your great comments, I decided to think the proposition out. I got a piece of hack software called Jailbreak 0.6N and reprogrammed my Kindle to dump those really crappy screensavers (seriously, Emily Dickinson does NOT look like a fun date). Then I went to Amazon, copied the cover art of the latest book I am reading, installed it into the newly reprogrammed Kindle secret folder, and magic, every time I open the book a picture of the book I am reading shows up. So with every book, it now takes about 60 seconds to just add a new picture and remove the old. By the way, this is all legal…I think?

If there are any geeks out there, I can refer you to the hack at http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/37424/jailbreak-your-kindle-for-dead-simple-screensaver-customization/

Comment by Edward Steiner — December 5, 2012 @ 1:09 pm | Reply