September 10, 2012

Gone Girl By Gillian Flynn….In Three Words

Filed under: Gone Girl,In Three Words — susanbright @ 12:41 pm
Tags: , , ,

This month’s book was…… Dark, Twisted, Unpredictable

Page-turner, Deceitful, Suspenseful…...Absolutely!

Very unlikeable characters……..No doubt about that!

Ending definitely disturbing……Yes! On the other hand..what ending? I turned the page thinking there was another chapter!

Hated The Ending…….. I was disappointed in the ending also.

Plot twists galore…….Yes, yes, yes

Crazy, Sick, Scarey……That it is.

Riveting, Disturbing, Unfulfilling ……….Hmmmm…… unfulfilling……I can see that too.

Kept me reading……..Me too!

What three words would you use to describe Gone Girl?

1. Page-turner, Deceitful, Suspenseful

Comment by audrey — September 10, 2012 @ 1:22 pm | Reply

2. very unlikeable characters

Comment by Nancy — September 10, 2012 @ 3:10 pm | Reply

3. I don’t know …. but I like the idea of 3 words describing a book. Susan, I will be going home to be with mom soon. I will have some time to read. Any heads up on next month’s book?

Comment by Resa McConaghy — September 10, 2012 @ 6:00 pm | Reply

4. Ending definitely disturbing

Comment by annwalter — September 10, 2012 @ 8:03 pm | Reply

5. It looks interesting. I like your quick and simple review that gets to the point. Perhaps I should try it

Comment by Caroline — September 11, 2012 @ 11:54 am | Reply

• Thanks Caroline.For me the trick is not to give too much away! I really like your blog!

Comment by susanbright — September 11, 2012 @ 12:15 pm | Reply

6. Hated The Ending

Comment by Jess — September 12, 2012 @ 10:21 am | Reply

7. plot twists galore!

Comment by princessofthelibrary — September 12, 2012 @ 12:49 pm | Reply

• Welcome Princessofthelibrary and thank you for your three word review! Gone Girl was like a roller coaster ride…..lots of twists and turns! Have you read any really good books lately?

Comment by Susanbright — September 13, 2012 @ 1:57 am | Reply

8. Crazy, sick,scarey

Comment by Karen — September 12, 2012 @ 1:05 pm | Reply

• Hi Karen. Yep… really crazy, sick and scary. Guess that is why it was so entertaining. Thanks for commenting!

Comment by Susanbright — September 13, 2012 @ 2:00 am | Reply

9. Riveting, disturbing, unfulfilling

Comment by Barbara Berg — September 12, 2012 @ 5:15 pm | Reply

• Hi Barbara. I know that I could not put this book down. I assume when you say unfulfilling you are talking about the end. Ar first I was really disappointed in the end….now I am thinking that it really does make sense.I hate to say more because I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. I would love to talk to you about it!

Comment by Susanbright — September 13, 2012 @ 2:04 am | Reply

10. It reminded me of the tv show Dateline. Her side of the story, his side. Who is the bad guy? I didn’t like the ending. Cathy

Comment by Cathy Junkin — September 13, 2012 @ 3:12 pm | Reply

• Hi Cathy! i have never seen Dateline, but I certainly appreciate the her side, his side. It seems that you are not alone on the ending. So much to discuss! Have you read any really good books lately?

Comment by Susanbright — September 13, 2012 @ 8:09 pm | Reply

11. Kept me reading! I listened to the audio book. The actors did a good job portraying the characters. The plot was very clever up to the ending which I didn’t find very satisfying.

Comment by moondance38 — September 17, 2012 @ 7:53 am | Reply

• Hi Moondance! Yes, it certainly kept me reading. I am sorry that I missed this month’s meeting (due to an out of town wedding). I am hoping to convince someone into writing a post about everyone’s reaction to the book….especially the end!

Comment by susanbright — September 17, 2012 @ 6:25 pm | Reply