September 3, 2012

Quote Of The Week…Back By Popular Demand!

Filed under: Quote Of The Week — susanbright @ 3:34 pm
Tags:

“Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I’ll have a long beard by the time I read them.”

Arnold Lobel 1933-1987

Arnold Lobel – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds familiar… doesn’t it? Except for the beard of course! What is in your stack?

1. Awesome! Love this quote, and love your Blog. I’m so shamed by my lack of reading in the last few years. It seems reading is a luxury only Jeepo can afford around here. As soon as this movie is over, I’m hitting the book(s) – Resa

Comment by Resa McConaghy — September 3, 2012 @ 4:32 pm | Reply

• Hi Resa, How about audio books? I love listening to them because I am the ultimate multi tasker. I love listening to books as I do…just about everything! BTW, what movie are you working on?

Comment by Susanbright — September 3, 2012 @ 4:46 pm | Reply

• I’ve never listened to an audio book. Thanks for the suggestion! I’m working on a “Good Witch”.

Comment by Resa McConaghy — September 8, 2012 @ 12:20 am | Reply

• It appears that the official title will be “The Good Witches Charm” and it will air on the Hallmark Channel in October.

Comment by Resa McConaghy — September 8, 2012 @ 11:56 am | Reply

• Hi Resa,I am going to TRY to remember to watch The Good Witches Charm. Please remind me and I will post something about it so we can can all see what you have been working on.

Comment by susanbright — September 8, 2012 @ 12:17 pm | Reply

• Okay! It’s so very different from the last MOW, which was an “Officer and a Murderer”. After that I went completely opposite and decided to do some wholesome family entertainment.

Comment by Resa McConaghy — September 8, 2012 @ 12:33 pm

2. I just finished 2 audio books, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt and Brooklyn.Both were great audio books. Saving CeeCee took place in Savanna so the reader used a Southern accent. Brooklyn was about Irish immigrants in Brooklyn so the reader used Irish accents. I just finished Gone Girl and couldn’t put it down and the Unfinished Life of Elizabeth D which was ok. Cathy

Comment by Cathy Junkin — September 4, 2012 @ 2:27 pm | Reply

• Hi Cathy! looks like you too are hooked on audio books. I also listened to CeeCee Honeycutt. The reader plays such a important role in the whole experience! As for Gone Girl…what a roller coaster ride! I am trying to hold back and not talk about it because our group is meeting next week to discuss it and I am sure there are those who have not yet finished it. I thought it was a 5 omelet book……..til the very end. Actually, where was the end?

Comment by Susanbright — September 4, 2012 @ 7:11 pm | Reply