July 29, 2012

More 50 Shades Of Grey Craziness!

Filed under: Fifty Shade of Grey — susanbright @ 6:29 pm

A hotel in England has replaced the traditional bible once found in every hotel room with copies of 50 Shades of Grey. A hotel in Seattle is advertising rooms with a bottle of Ana’s favorite, Bollinger Rose or a drive in an Audi, just like Grey’s!  A hotel in Oregon is offering a special “50 Shades of Grey” package which includes dinner, a helicopter tour of Portland and roses. ALL TRUE!

Soon you will be able to purchase Fifty Shades of Grey pajamas to sleep in.  How about surprising your partner with a pair of Christian Grey boxers? They are talking Fifty Shades key chains, wallets and journals. You name it and it will probably be in your local store!

Everywhere you turn, you hear someone talking about Fifty Shades of Grey. I expect as much at the hair salon, but even my doctor (who always discusses books with me) asked me if I had read Fifty Shades during my exam!

All I can say is that someone is doing a phenomenal marketing job. For a book that is really nothing special, it has taken off like nothing I have ever seen before. Truthfully, I hate to bring even more attention to these books, but this is just too good not to share!

Check out these articles!

Hotel replaces bible with ‘50 Shades of Grey’ | Fox News

Fifty Shades of Greymerchandise heading for stores – Los Angeles
Thank you Audrey for bringing all of this craziness to my attention!

1. Any chance of getting her marketing director for my new book?

Be encouraged!

Comment by stephenedwards425 — July 29, 2012 @ 6:34 pm | Reply

2. Hi Stephen, As they say… it’s all in the marketing…… and who you know. Best of luck!

Comment by susanbright — July 29, 2012 @ 6:41 pm | Reply

3. There’s a lot of grey coming in the new lines of clothes.

Comment by Resa McConaghy — July 29, 2012 @ 6:44 pm | Reply

4. Reblogged this on The Write Connexion and commented:
    Susan Bright at Friday Morning Bookclub follows the latest trends in books, and has been fascinated by the success of 50 Shades…As have all we writers interested in self-publishing. But her latest finds are just too ridiculous. Read on…

Comment by Gabi Coatsworth — July 31, 2012 @ 3:16 pm | Reply

5. Good God! EL James has hit the motherlode! I do think hotels replacing the Bible with 50 Shades by the bedside table is a riot.

Comment by Pauline Gaines — August 3, 2012 @ 4:56 pm | Reply

6. Hi Pauline. I will be sure to check the drawers of all the hotels I stay in for now on!

Comment by susanbright — August 6, 2012 @ 12:09 pm | Reply

7. Pajamas?!?

Comment by Kathy — November 7, 2012 @ 8:55 pm | Reply

8. Welcome Kathy! Yes, Christian Grey pajamas! Put that on your Christmas list!

Comment by Susanbright — November 8, 2012 @ 2:10 pm | Reply