June 17, 2012

Quote Of The Week…..Something To Think About!

Filed under: Quote Of The Week — susanbright @ 9:50 pm

“Books are no more threatened by Kindle than stairs by elevators.”

-Stephen Fry 1957-

Stephen Fry – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What do you think? Will our great-grandchildren be reading books and visiting libraries? Is the written book becoming a thing of the past?

1. I think they will be reading books and visiting something.

Comment by Resa McConaghy — June 17, 2012 @ 11:26 pm | Reply

2. I am afraid that newspapers and books are both quickly becoming things of the past.

Comment by Andy — June 18, 2012 @ 5:54 pm | Reply

3. Agree! No more books, no more library. What a shame.

Comment by Jen — June 19, 2012 @ 12:33 pm | Reply

4. I think we will always have printed books. There’s something about the feel in your hands and the smell of the pages, the peace of a library… I know I love these things and I can’t be the only one! I think sales will be slower but I can’t see books ever being replaced entirely.

Comment by Sarah — June 21, 2012 @ 3:24 pm | Reply

5. Hi Sarah! Oh, how I hope you are right. i too love the feel of a real book and one of the things I enjoy most is wandering around a library or a book store.Time will tell!

Comment by Susanbright — June 21, 2012 @ 5:54 pm | Reply

6. I certainly hope that printed books and libraries are still around. I am adamantly against e-books. It’s just not the same.

Comment by Sara (of the Page Sage) — June 23, 2012 @ 3:37 pm | Reply

• Hi Sara, Although I have to admit that I love my kindle, there is nothing like the feel of a book! There is definitely a place for both in my future. Thanks for visiting!

Comment by Susanbright — June 24, 2012 @ 9:57 am | Reply

7. I never ever thought I’d buy a kindle, but I finally did. It’s nice to read Harry Potter with 700+ pages on a slim device. But that’s just it, the kindle is a device. I still love the feel and smell of ‘real’ books. I visit my library almost every week. Nice quote.

Comment by Caroline — June 28, 2012 @ 3:25 pm | Reply

• Hi Carolyn! I enjoy books, e-books and audio books! I spent some time at the library this week too. Just had to pick up a couple of Playaways to listen to. Now I am set for the week!

Comment by Susanbright — June 28, 2012 @ 7:36 pm | Reply