February 2, 2012

What Is Your Favorite Classic?

Filed under: Book Recomendations — susanbright @ 12:18 pm
Tags: ,

Every once in a while it is nice to revisit one of the classics. The last classic we read was Pride and Prejudice. Although some felt it was a little like going back to school, most felt it was well worth the effort. I for one loved the book, but I am a Austen fan!

Do you have a favorite classic? We need your help! Which classic should we read this year?

1. The Sound and the Fury is still one of my favorite books!

Comment by Lauren — February 2, 2012 @ 12:19 pm | Reply

2. Thank you Lauren. The Sound and Fury is a wonderful suggestion!

Comment by Susanbright — February 2, 2012 @ 8:18 pm | Reply

3. The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck is one of my favorite all time books. Don’t know if it is considered a classic by the masses but, I certainly consider it one!

Comment by M J — February 3, 2012 @ 11:34 am | Reply

• Hi M J! I have not read The Good Earth, but will be sure to check it out! Thanks for visiting!

Comment by Susanbright — February 3, 2012 @ 11:56 am | Reply

4. It’s been so long since I’ve read a classic, but right up there is The Good Earth and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Comment by sharon — February 3, 2012 @ 2:40 pm | Reply

5. To Kill a Mockingbird is my favorite classic. Thinking about it makes me want to reread it again!

Comment by Sue — February 3, 2012 @ 4:03 pm | Reply

• Hi Sue! Welcome! It looks like To Kill a Mockingbird is a lot of people’s favorite and It would be an excellent book choice for our book club! If we read it this year, I hope you will “reread it” along with us!

Comment by Susanbright — February 3, 2012 @ 5:11 pm | Reply

6. I returned to Catcher In the Rye after several decades. Reading it as an adult was a much different experience than reading it as a teenager. I told my mother and her book club to read it for their “classic” selection. Reading it as a mother and grandmother makes it so much more of a heart wrenching, compelling story.

Comment by cvb — February 4, 2012 @ 5:56 pm | Reply

• Hi CVB! What a wonderful idea. Perhaps we could invite our mothers and or daughters to read along with us. Catcher in the Rye is another great choice and one I have not read for a very long time. Thanks for your visit. Please come again!

Comment by susanbright — February 4, 2012 @ 6:13 pm | Reply

7. East of Eden by John Steinbeck. It is one of my all time favorite books. We also read Anna Karenina over a 2 month period , also a favorite . Cathy

Comment by Cathy Junkin — February 5, 2012 @ 7:02 am | Reply

8. Hi Cathy! I don’t think I ever read East of Eden. Great suggestion!

Comment by Susanbright — February 5, 2012 @ 10:29 am | Reply

9. The Great Gatsby is my favorite classic! It is worth rereading. Comment by Susan Bloom

Comment by Susan Bloom — February 5, 2012 @ 3:29 pm | Reply

• Welcome Susan. I also like The Great Gatsby and reread it not too long ago when it was my son’s assigned reading book. Thanks for blogging with us!

Comment by susanbright — February 5, 2012 @ 6:08 pm | Reply

10. One of my favorite classics is MY ANTONIA by Willa Cather.

Comment by Mary Ellen — February 6, 2012 @ 9:36 am | Reply

• Hi Mary Ellen! Another book I have not read. My list keeps getting longer and longer.Thanks for the recommendation!

Comment by Susanbright — February 6, 2012 @ 1:46 pm | Reply