January 23, 2012

Three Books At One Time? No Problem!

Filed under: Audio books,Literary Tidbits — susanbright @ 9:59 am
Tags: , ,

Whoever designed the first Playaway was a genius. These preloaded audio digital players make listening to a book effortless and there are so many of them available at the library. When I travel, I always make sure I have a good book, a Playaway and my fully loaded Kindle. That way I can read/listen to a book no matter where I am or what I am doing. Walking the dog? I can listen to my playaway. On an airplane? I can read my Kindle! Whoops, the pilot just announced that “anything with an on/off switch must be turned off”.  I open my good old fashion book. I have all bases covered!

Three books at one time? No problem! One heavy duty non-fiction, one  spellbinding mystery and one science fiction which rivals The Hunger Games. The perfect combo! I  bet you can guess what I will be reviewing next! Anyone else out there that likes to read more than one book at a time? Tell me I am not alone!

1. You not alone! Kindle for the book library (even some from the library) with a vast selection, Iphone for the audiobooks (yep again downloaded from the library) and magazine for take off and touch down. I am a bookAholic and proud of it!!

Comment by Mona — January 23, 2012 @ 11:38 am | Reply

• Hi Mona, Us bookaholics have to stick together! What have you been reading lately?

Comment by Susanbright — January 24, 2012 @ 9:59 am | Reply

• Just finished Unbroken…yep finally broke down and read it. It was a good read and I have traveled to Montana for a couple of weeks read it on the way here and now need a good book for the flight home this weekend ….. my ideal choice is 11/22/63 by Stephen King. I am on the waiting list at the library for the download but think I will break down and buy it……..

Comment by Mona — January 24, 2012 @ 12:26 pm | Reply

2. Am with you too Susan. Since you introduced me to the Playaways, I am never without one in the car. I am listening to “Breaking Night” by Liz Murray, which is her fascinating memoir of going from homelessness to Harvard. Just incredible what she endured, growing up. I have found that every time I go back to the library to get another playaway, there are more and more titles that have been added.

Comment by janinefrier — January 23, 2012 @ 11:48 am | Reply

• Hi Janine, Breaking Night sounds fascinating! I am listening to a mystery- Risky Business by Nora Roberts at the moment! Can’t take the little ear buds out of my ears!

Comment by Susanbright — January 24, 2012 @ 10:02 am | Reply

3. Susan, I seriously think you need to add a “Books on CD” when you drive, a recently released video of a book you are reading (“Perfume” comes to mind) for when you get home, and you HAVE to buy an iPAD that has Kindle software, and Apple eBOOK Library reader, and an Amazon remote reader for those special nights when you are bored and have nothing to read. That way you can read 9 books and watch a movie at the same time. To think that all of that time Lou and I are just smoking a cigar and drinking a dram of Single Malt… with nothing else to do! Us men are so simple minded. Amazing that you and I were born on the same day, same year, and probably same hour. You were clearly the twin that got “the horsepower” hahaha!!!!

Comment by Ed — January 23, 2012 @ 5:31 pm | Reply

• Very cute, twin! Maybe the perfect theme for your next video!

Comment by Susanbright — January 24, 2012 @ 9:55 am | Reply

4. I am a one book at a time woman in keeping with my one man at a time theme.Cathy

Comment by Cathy Junkin — January 23, 2012 @ 6:17 pm | Reply

• Hi Cathy! Clever girl! Smart too!

Comment by Susanbright — January 24, 2012 @ 9:57 am | Reply

• Cathy, boy this blog is getting hotter than a Kardashian wedding/divorce party. Are you implying that Susan juggles more than books???

Comment by Ed — January 24, 2012 @ 10:05 am | Reply

• Very funny Ed! Your creative juices are really flowing. Now I know there is another video in your future!

Comment by susanbright — January 24, 2012 @ 5:56 pm | Reply