April 25, 2011

Trivia 101

Filed under: Trivia — susanbright @ 7:22 pm

The town that this book takes place in is the headquarters of Black Madonna Honey. Can you name the book?

All answers and comments are welcomed!

Thank you Laura and Betty Jo! That sure was quick!  The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd takes place in Tiburon, S.C., the home of  Black Madonna Honey! The Secret Life of Bees was a wonderful read and was made into a movie starring  Dakota Fanning, Queen Latifah and Jennifer Hudson.

1. It’s The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. It’s a fabulous book – one of my favorites. If you’re reading this and haven’t yet read it, do yourself a favor and put it on your list. And have some tea and honey while you’re at it.

Comment by Laura — April 25, 2011 @ 7:26 pm | Reply

2. Secret Life of Bees

Comment by Betty Jo Harris — April 25, 2011 @ 8:02 pm | Reply

3. Check out The Dry Grass of August by Mayhew. I really enjoyed this novel about a teenage girl’s relationship with her family’s maid and her family’s dynamics. The book reminded me of The Help. Let me know what you think.

Comment by Lois Rothberg — April 25, 2011 @ 8:25 pm | Reply

• Hi Lois,
      Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely check out The Dry Grass of August!

Comment by susanbright — April 26, 2011 @ 12:01 pm | Reply

4. Laura and Betty Jo, You are BOTH correct. The Secret Life Of Bees is the answer!

Comment by susanbright — April 25, 2011 @ 8:37 pm | Reply

5. Thank you Friday Morning Book Club for the copy of INCENDIARY. I found it to be brutal, but so compelling and well written that I completed it in two days. I’m not sure I would recommend it unless you’re able to distance yourself emotionally from what you read.

Comment by Mary Ellen — April 26, 2011 @ 10:43 am | Reply

6. Hi Mary Ellen! I am half way through Incendiary and yes it is a compelling and heart wrenching book! I too am having a hard time putting it down.

Comment by susanbright — April 26, 2011 @ 12:03 pm | Reply