October 22, 2010

I Flunked Jello Jigglers!

Filed under: Recipes — susanbright @ 10:16 am

This weekend I made a jello cake, one of those cakes that starts with a cake mix. You make the cake mix as directed and after coming out of the oven, you poke holes and pour the jello in the holes. After refrigerating the cake for several hours, I iced it with cool whip and voila (thank you E)! A masterpiece! So what do you do with the extra jello? I hated to waste it so I decided to make jigglers for the neighborhood kids who were coming over to watch the Raven’s game. After searching through my messy Tupperware drawer I found jiggler molds that had never been used and probably came free with a jello purchase years ago. So what if it was only October and they were Santa and Christmas Tree shapes! I poured the jello in the molds and put them in the refrigerator. Hours later the jello was set and I was ready to free my santas. First I dipped the bottom of the mold in hot water. The darn jigglers would not budge. I turned the mold upside down. I twisted it. No luck. Finally I used a tooth pick to try to loosen the adorable shapes. By the time I got them loose they looked like little jello blobs, and ended up in the trash……. along with the molds!

1. Ha ha! Cute story…but I am laughing at your creative spelling. I always thought that “wallah” was spelled “voila”…but that’s after studying french in high school. 🙂

Comment by Esther — October 22, 2010 @ 5:02 pm | Reply

• Esther,You are too smart.I took Spanish! I write like I speak!

Comment by susanbright — October 22, 2010 @ 5:42 pm | Reply

2. Never made them with Christmas molds…however I think the proportion of jello to water is different when making jigglers.

Comment by Loryn — October 25, 2010 @ 12:18 pm | Reply

3. Thanks Loryn, that makes sense. I don’t plan to make jigglers any time soon. I just took a biscotti class, so I think I will play around with making different kinds of biscotti for a while!

Comment by susanbright — October 25, 2010 @ 1:06 pm | Reply

4. Even though you may never make them again…if you do, spray the molds with Pam first!

Comment by Jeanie — October 25, 2010 @ 7:18 pm | Reply

5. Jeanie, thanks for the hint. I hope one day I will be making jigglers for my grand children!

Comment by susanbright — October 26, 2010 @ 11:29 am | Reply