July 19, 2010

Time To Vote! What Are Your Top 10 Discussion Books?

Filed under: Favorite Books,Polls,Rate The Book — susanbright @ 8:02 pm

Help us complete our top 10 list. You can vote for up to 10 books! All votes are welcomed!

1. You may already know, but I just read that Reese Witherspoon will be in Water For Elephants.

Comment by Ilene Gold — July 20, 2010 @ 12:26 pm | Reply

2. Ilene, Thanks for the info. I didn’t realize they were making a Water For Elephants movie!I will have to check it out.

Comment by susanbright — July 20, 2010 @ 1:26 pm | Reply

3. Sue, I didn’t read all of the books listed, but I did read others I would suggest:
    1.Cowboy and Wills by M. Holloway [I think!]…the story of a broad spectrum autistic boy [Wills] whose new puppy [Cowboy] shows him how to be social… true story recommended by our son!!!

2.The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender…a teen girl begins to taste the emotions of the people whose food she is eating–much to her chagrin!!!

3.Lucy by Laurence Gonzales..[I have it but have not read it yet]….a primatologist discovers that the daughter of his murdered co-scientist is actually part human and part ape–a hybrid human being…

Comment by dolores rhody — July 22, 2010 @ 4:44 pm | Reply

4. Thank you Dolores for your recommendations. The Particular Sadness….. is on my to read list! I have not heard of the others, but they sound fascinating. Especially the part human, part ape part! Let me know what you think after you finish reading Lucy.

Comment by susanbright — July 22, 2010 @ 4:53 pm | Reply

5. My curiosity is really aroused! “Lucy” sounds like a fascinating and very differnet book!

Comment by Esther — July 24, 2010 @ 8:20 am | Reply

6. A few weeks ago I was an intruder at your Friday meet at Village Square. Your courteous acceptance to my presence was very much appreciated. I suggested some good books my book club enjoyed at Judy Meltzer’s Chizuk Amuno group. We meet again starting in September. No meetings in the summer.
    Please let me know if I can join your group,occasionally, if there is room.

Comment by SYLVAN BLUESTEIN — July 26, 2010 @ 9:07 pm | Reply

7. Sylvan, We enjoyed your company and appreciated your suggestions. Feel free to drop by and visit with us if you are in the area! I hope you voted!

Comment by susanbright — July 26, 2010 @ 9:34 pm | Reply