March 2, 2010

We Need Your Help Choosing Our Next Book!

Filed under: What is next?? — susanbright @ 9:37 pm

Soon we will all be reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but we have no idea what we will be reading next. Have you read anything really good lately? Do you have any suggestions? What is on your “to read” list?  We are looking for  three good books….. and then…. we vote!

Here are some suggestions from our friend Mona. Check them out!

Ahab’s Wife by Sena Naslund http://somecivilthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/05/ahabs-wife-review-9.html
Villa Incognito by Tom Robbins http://books.google.com/books?id=dWeCw2pRVsIC&dq=Villa+Incognito&source=gbs_navlinks_s
Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi http://www.enotes.com/stones-river

1. Some suggestions –
    Ahab’s Wife
    Villa Incognito
    Stones from the River

Mona – Sarah’s friend from St. Croix

Comment by Mona — March 3, 2010 @ 9:02 am | Reply

2. Mona,thanks for the suggestions! Which was your favorite?

Comment by susanbright — March 5, 2010 @ 6:58 pm | Reply

3. Mona – I remember reading Stones from the River years ago and loving it. The other books that you mentioned, I have not heard of. Thanks for your suggestions!

Comment by Esther — March 5, 2010 @ 10:25 pm | Reply

4. They are all on my book shelf…still – so to me that means I will read them all again. They are all so different though Villa Incognito produced the funnest wackiest craziest book club meeting we ever had!!

Comment by Mona — March 6, 2010 @ 2:38 pm | Reply

• We could use a funny wacky meeting… I think I will vote for Villa Incognito!

Comment by susanbright — March 6, 2010 @ 5:41 pm | Reply

5. 5. i just heard about your book club blog today at work. Here are a few suggestions:

*MIDDLESEX BY JEFFREY EUGENIDES

*TURBULENT SOULS BY STEPHEN DUBNER
    *ALL OVER BUT THE SHOUTIN BY STEPHEN DUBNER

*THE GHOST OF HANNAH MENDES BY NAOMI RAGEN
    *THE SACRIFICE OF TAMAR BY NAOMI RAGEN

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A FACE BY LUCY GREALY(SP??)
    TRUTH AND BEAUTY BY ANN PATCHETT

Comment by Abbie — July 1, 2010 @ 9:51 pm | Reply

• Welcome Abbey! We read Middlesex, and I agree it was a good book club book. I love Naomi Ragen, but have not read The Ghost Of Hannah Mendes. I am going to put it on my “to read” list. Thank you for your suggestions. I am going to look them up!

Comment by susanbright — July 2, 2010 @ 8:58 am | Reply