January 27, 2014

The Preservationist……. Very Creepy……..In A Good Way!

Filed under: The Preservationist — susanbright @ 10:18 pm

Just watching this trailer makes my stomach turn, a sensation I remember feeling as I read the book, yet I could not put it down. Julia Stilwell was a college Freshman at Stradler College in Pennsylvania. Because of a recent family tragedy she was somewhat isolated from her family and therefore very vulnerable. All she wanted was to put the past behind her and enjoy campus life, just like everyone else. Marcus Boley, a fellow student seemed like a nice enough guy and the two of them began to hang out. But when Sam, a thirty-nine year old man who worked at the campus snack bar became obsessed with Julia, things took an ugly turn.

Told in alternating voices The Preservationist will keep you guessing. Everyone has secrets, Julia, Sam and Marcus,…..you just don’t  know who to trust.  This is not your ordinary love triangle. The book is full of twists and turns and as for the end, I certainly did not see that coming!

Although I have a hard time imagining Julia, a college freshman falling for the Sam in the trailer, in the book it was totally believable.  And as a mother of a daughter……. this book really got to me! In fact if she was still in college, it would have made me a nervous wreck! I think I would have had to jump in the car and drive the five hours just to make sure she was okay.

A real page turner….and oh so creepy! Check it out!

The PreservationistJustin Kramon

BTW: is this how you pictured Julia? Sam?

About these ads

1. I can’t wait to get to this one!

Comment by stacybuckeye — January 27, 2014 @ 10:42 pm | Reply

2. KIND OF LIKE THOSE HAIRLESS CHINESE DOGS … Andy

Comment by Gail — January 28, 2014 @ 8:30 am | Reply

• You are in big, BIG trouble! Very funny Gail and Andy! At least I know that you are reading the blog :)

Comment by susanbright — January 28, 2014 @ 8:57 am | Reply

3. Wow. This one looks like a really good thriller Could be a good movie also.

Comment by Anne — January 29, 2014 @ 9:38 am | Reply

4. I have not read the book, but the trailer is haunting!

Comment by Resa McConaghy — January 31, 2014 @ 3:35 pm | Reply

• I know what you mean…the music alone gives me the creeps!

Comment by Susanbright — January 31, 2014 @ 5:30 pm | Reply

The Rubric Theme. Blog at WordPress.com.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 435 other followers